All these things trouble for any new online e-commerce startup. But recently I stumbled upon a new service and they are really superb for starters. The First and foremost thing for starter should be ease of use. If your site grows then you will surely need a customized solution but that solution will need funds too. But for starting you won't need such things. The only requirement will be a site which has easy to use admin panel, easy to add products (I have used opencart too and I can tell you even opencart is easy but still its time consuming), easy to navigate for customers, easy login/signup, and integration of Payment Gateway.
Apart from above, you will also need a reliable webhosting which will cost you around $100-200 per year. If you are yourself a web developer and have lots of time then you can make your own website but if not then you will need some solution and I am giving you the solution in this post.
First of all let me tell you one small thing, if you want to start a hobby website like selling your craft products, selling your antiques etc. then you won't be having Sales Tax registration number which is mandatory for almost all payment gateway but with Zepo you can register as individual, and get payment gateway facility. Isn't it great?
First of all here is the link for the website : Zepo
Now something regarding its service and comparison with others:
1. Costing: Zepo has three plans, Basic, Starter and Pro. Though for many basic will suffice but I will not recommend it as you won't be getting payment gateway along with this plan. Pro is also not very useful plan. Its useful only if you have more than 1000 products. For any starting website, the best plan is starter. And they also give 20% discount on annual payment. Price of starter plan is really good and at the cost of hosting (with any reputed company) you will get full website.
2. Features : Zepo is full of features required by any starter but my fav feature is having the ability for facebook login. That gives advantage for new customers who don't want to signup with lengthy forms.
3. Payment Gateway: They give free payment gateway with their plans. Yes I am correct, they pay the initial payment gateway themselves, so you will get free payment gateway. Consider this a payment gateway registration fee is Rs. 25000/- and this you get for free.
4. Support: They have great support and provide free 14 days trial so that you can check their website and make your store ready even before paying.
5. Themes: They have attractive themes for your use. You will love them.
I would only say that having an e-commerce website was costly affair previously, running it was a tiresome job but with Zepo everything is at ease.
PS: I also checked for similar service providers but their prices were so high that even if I joined them then my whole year's profit will go for their initial setup only. So do check with others too and you will know what I want to say.
To join you can also click on following banner: