Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Harry Potter Books in Hindi

This is the First time I have brought any book translated in Hindi (Of course I won't count Rosi Lok Kathaye as it was brought by my father).

I never buy English books translted in Hindi but this time I purchased one book to check the quality of translation and above that I brought so that my relatives who are not very good in english can also enjoy Harry Potter. I was impressed by the quality of Translation which was done by : Dr. Sudhir Dixit.

It was above any other translation, one of the best I have read. I immediately purchased all other 6 Books in Hindi also. There are few words which are translated in funny way like "Mad Eye" was translated as बावरे नैन and all the Magic words were translated in Hindi which shall not be done. For instance "Avada Kedavra" was translated as मृत्युदंषम and many more.... They are good but I feel that if the spells are kept as they were then it would be much better.

For those who want to read it or buy it here is the information of the Books:


हैरी पॉटर और परस पत्थर Price : Rs. 165
हैरी पॉटर और रहस्मयी तहखाना Price : Rs. 150
हैरी पॉटर और अज्काबान का कैदी Price : Rs. 175
हैरी पॉटर और आग का प्याला Price : Rs. 295
हैरी पॉटर और माया पंछी का समूह Price : Rs. 375
हैरी पॉटर और हाफब्लड प्रिन्स Price : Rs. 295
हैरी पॉटर और मौत के तोहफे Price : Rs. 375

Publication : Manjul Publishing House, Bhopal
website of Publisher : www.manjulindia.com


Enjoy....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...