Sunday, September 26, 2010

Origami

Recently I visited Oriland website (http://www.oriland.com) and I was so much impressed by the work of its creator that I decided to try my hands on Origami.

Previously I worked with Paper Craft, Kirigami and now Origami. For those who don't know what these are :

Paper Craft : Creating stuffs from Paper with the help of scissor, glue and other craft materials. You can make real life replicas with papercraft. There is virtually no limitation.

Kirigami: In this art of paper, Designs are created by folding and Cutting Paper. No Glue is used. There are some beautiful designs which are made using Kirigami.The Notre Dame Cathedral I made was work of Kirigami (Notre Dame Cathedral Kirigami Model)

Origami: In this art of Paper, Designs are created by Folding Square or Rectangle paper. No cutting, glueing or any printing is involved.

The Creator of Oriland Website Yuri and Katrin Shumakov have created lots of beautiful designs.

There designs are available for purchase (you will get instruction sheets). They are easy to understand and anyone can create nice origami models with them. I have purchased three ebooks from them and am making some origami models. Here is sample:



I will post more of my complete models here, you can also find my work at my website : Adityastar.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...