Thursday, March 03, 2011

Spartacus : Blood and Sand


Some days back I got chance to watch Spartacus : Blood and Sand Series, previously I never watched any TV Series completely, I had only watched some episodes of Mortal Kombat : Conquest. I never liked TV Series much due to their lengths but since Spartacus : Blood and Sand was of only 13 Episode so I decided to give it a go.

To my surprise it was better than any movie, the scale of the Show, the story, the acting, direction, cinematography I mean everything was superb. I couldn't resist to watch all 13 episodes and I watched them in 4 nights (i.e. around 4 hours daily).

The story of Spartacus was beautifully presented with lots of twist and plots. I must say that it was long time since I watched anything such wonderful.

The plot was based on historic event where a Slave Spartacus rebel against Roman Slavery and fought war. In the First season, the story revolves before the revolt. How the Tracian warrior was taken into slave, then his wife was killed and he became the Champion of Capua. How he found the plot behind the death of his beloved wife Saura, and how he revenged. The whole series had lots of violence, dirty language and sexual scenes with lots of nudity but nothing looked like it was unnatural. Infact, after long time I saw any show where the director showed what was necessary, I mean when a master commands a slave to undress then the slave shows no hesitation, that was truth in old days and that was portrayed as. Even Homo sexuality was not displayed as any thing out of the world. The fight and death scenes contain lots of Gore and Death and those who don't have strong heart should not see it.

But for those who like Gladiator and 300, it is bigger, violent and better than both of these movies and in my opinion it is much more realistic than Gladiator or 300.

Also in this series Lucy Lawless (aka Xena) showed her full body in different scenes. So those who liked Series Xena, they will find delight in this series.

A must watch for those who like Blood.

Now I am watching Spartacus: Gods of Arena (A Prequel to Spartacus: Blood and Sand, as the Lead Actor Andy Whitefield was diagnosed with Cancer hence the season 2 was postponed.)




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...